Mohandes is planning a plant tour of Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) in Cambridge on Thu, Nov 2nd 12:00-2:00 PM. Interested members are encouraged to register. After the first 35 registrants, members will be wait-listed.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is an active manufacturing facility. The safety of all those who enter the plant is the first priority. Along the tour, the trams will enter the Welding shop, where occasional welding sparks are present. While these sparks are not harmful, some fabrics are more easily flammable. As a result, the following safety rules must be followed by all groups:
1. No hats or scarves.
2. No cameras.
3. No cell phones, pagers, communication devices or mp3 players (Ipods).
4. Only natural fibres may be worn in the plant (wool, cotton, silk, linen etc.)
- No Polyester
- No Rayon
- No Acrylic
- No Synthetic fibre (micro fibre)
5. No shorts, skirts, tear-away pants, nylon pants or tops.
6. All purses, bags, knapsacks must be left in Visitor Centre under lock & key.
7. Safety glasses must be worn at all times.
8. Arms and legs must be kept inside the tram at all times.
9. No food or drinks allowed during the tour.
Please note that unanticipated production needs may necessitate the cancellation of a tour. TMMC requests that all groups booking tours understand and accept the possibility of tour cancellation. Groups are encouraged to call one day prior to their tour to confirm their tour.